Sunday, April 25, 2010

Jeonju International Film Festival

I am very excited to be attending the Jeonju International Film Festival on Sunday and Monday, May 2 and 3. Jeonju is about an 88-minute subway ride plus another 3.5-hour train ride from my city, and for that reason, I couldn't attend last year. That is, going up late on a Friday, seeing one day of films, and then coming home on Sunday seemed a bit much for even a film fanatic like me.

This year, though, our school is closing for three days during the festival, so I am happily taking advantage of that free time and going for a three-night stay. Jeonju is probably the third-largest film festival in Korea, and I have attended the top two in 2008 and 2009, and am all set to attend again this year.

Here are the films that I will see in Jeonju:








To be honest, I had no idea I could go to this festival until last week, and most films were sold out by then. But I was fortunate to find tickets for the above movies, and many would have been my first choices for their given time slots even if other shows had tickets available.







3 comments:

Cocktail Maven said...

So where's the follow up to this post? What was good? What stank up the place? Do tell!

Enna said...

Greetings: I am a librarian @ Knox College and a student is doing research on Dali film. Would you be able to provide a copy of your Filmfax article "'L'age D'or' and 'Un Chien Andalou'" to our patron? Thank you for your response.

Joseph Perry said...

Enna, I just now saw your comment, two months after you posted it. Sorry! If it would still be helpful to provide a copy, I'd be happy to do so. I tried clicking on your Blogger name but it did not provide any contact information.